Tuesday 1 May 2012

Filipina Miss Asia Carolinas Candidate Monique Tuzon

Lest I'd be charged of being biased towards Filipinas with mixed ethnicity particularly those with Caucasian blood, I present to you Miss Monique Tuzon. 

As you could see my posts usually feature celebrities who are mostly “mixed” (some call them Eurasians, but here in the islands we lovingly call them "mestizas"). I think, their dominance in Philippine showbiz is caused by a Westernized concept of beauty promoted by our local media.  

Now to unburden me of guilt, I am featuring: Ms. Monique Tuzon. Here she is, dressed in traditional "Filipiniana" wear (national costume).


Monique Tuzon is Miss Philippines candidate for Miss Asia Carolinas, a pageant organized by a non-profit organization based in Charlotte, North Carolina. 


She is Asian-American but her looks are more Filipina; I believe her parents are Pinoys who migrated to the US because she is a real pure Pinay beauty. I encourage all our kababayan (countrymen) to support her! 

Oh I almost forgot. A meaningful Labor Day to all the workers of the world! Never forget the cause! In union, there is strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment